sweet potatoes (I used three so that I would have leftovers) // a bit of cinnamon // dried parsley // crushed red pepper // salt & pepper to taste // Cajun seasoning // 1/4 stick butter // 2 eggs // (optional) mozzarella cheese
1. Peel sweet potatoes.
2. Grate sweet potatoes (the first time I made this, I couldn’t find the grater, so cut them very small–also effective) & transfer to a bowl.
3. Mix spices & parsley into the grated sweet potatoes.
4. Melt 1/4 stick of butter in skillet, when it begins to brown, add the sweet potatoes. Cook for 5-7 minutes, then turn the heat down and put a lid on the skillet.
5. In separate pan, fry eggs (the original recipe called for sunny sie up eggs, but I went ahead and flipped mine).
6. Place egg on top of sweet potato hash. All finished, time for brinner (breakfast + dinner)!