NOTE: Ninesday will be moving from Thursdays to Fridays from now on.
9. This past Wednesday, I had an impromptu ladies’ night. We had dinner at a great Vietnamese restaurant in Greenwich, then saw Frances Ha at the IFC. The movie was so beautiful and true-to-life. It reminded me of all of my leading ladies–Kelsey, Allison, Alyssa, and of course sister Kelsey…go watch it and think about us. I laughed, I cried, I remembered the good times.
8. So I’ve been doing some reading. Why are we obsessed with these shiny things, again? I mean. Sure, it would be lovely to get a beautiful, glittering rock from a boy. But then again, it would be lovely to get a normal piece of jewelry, too. Why all the fuss? Business Insider explains all of the details here. What do you think–would a plain ring be just as meaningful as a diamond engagement ring?
7. I am taking a portfolio class from the Fashion Portfolio Academy, currently. Maybe one day my sketches will look as effortless and beautiful as this one. And maybe, even further in the future, I’ll be able to use watercolor like this. SWOON.
6. When I was packing for this summer’s move, I was determined to only bring the “necessities.” Somehow, that definition did not cover full-size toiletries, rain boots (and it has been raining every other day since I got here), or my boyfriend-fit jeans. What was I even thinking?! This style blogger makes me miss the world’s most comfortable pair of denim even more. Every time I am scouring my closet and creating a whirlwind of “this looks so much worse than I thought” cast-offs, I think of my Zara jeans. And cringe at my packing deficiency.
5. This just might be the most perfect pair of summer boots I’ve ever seen. Dear Loeffler Randall, feel free to mail me a pair. I’d wear them every day. Literally, every day. Oh, it’s going to be 95 degrees, but feel like 105? I don’t even care. And while all of you are drooling over the perfect shapes on the Loeffler Randall website, check out this clutch. To die for.
4. Last time I was in ATL, Alyssa bought me this hat as a going away present, even though I am far from being a Brewer’s fan (or any sports ball fan, really). I wonder if I can pull off this style and wear it to work. I would love to dress it up and wear it on week days. While you’re at it, check out the Accidental Executive’s tumblr. I love the layout & her story.
3. My hair is getting longer, but I am pretty consistently wanting it to be shorter. Due to haircut prices, maybe I’ll work on styling my hair more like this as it grows out…I wonder if it requires using a straightener. Hm, anyway. I think I want to dye it pink. But more like this or this instead of this.
2. I have this habit of going into a bookstore, reading the synopsis of several books, then choosing one at random. In doing so, I generally forget what the synopsis was, and delve into the story without any clue as to what is actually happening. I am currently reading Elizabeth Costello by JM Coetzee. So far, an excellent read. I don’t update my Goodreads much, but I decided to add this to it.
1. You guys. I’m seeing The Postal Service tomorrow. The 13-year-old me is dying a little. As well as the 23-year-old me, obviously. I’m also excited because this will be my first solo concert. Concerts are usually things I have done with friends–we would all pile into the car, pack a ton of snacks that could rot your teeth out, and sing purposefully off-key…and here I am, venturing into adulthood at a show I would have died to see in prepubescence. There’s something extra ironic about this. All of that aside, I’ll be searching for freckles in my eyes and dancing horribly, without worrying that I’m embarrassing anyone.
This seemed to appropriately express my excitement, so I thought I’d repost it–